Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Change is GREAT!!!

Change #1
For people who know me, they know that I'm not productive in the morning. DEFINITELY not a morning person (thank God for flexi time). During the past weekends, however, I've been waking up even before the sun rises to prepare for the day's events. A few months ago, weekends would mean sleeping in until manang wakes me up for a late lunch. Now, I realize the
day is even better when you've spent more waking hours in it.

Change #2
I've spent the last few years enjoying all the happiness and pleasures the world has to offer. After the LSE and K-Con, I realize that happiness in the Spirit is sooooo sooooooooo much better!!! I thought I wouldn't be able to give up a certain addiction... but miraculously, I'm not even feeling any urge or desire for it now. Wooooohooooo!!!! I know I still have a long way to go, but God's grace has never failed me so I have no worries for the days ahead :D I know now that nothing compares to the highness in the Spirit :D

Change #3
My passion to write has intensified even more!!! I used to write when I was younger, but that doesn't compare to how I write and what I write about now. It's like a dam of thoughts and emotions has been opened up and the words just flow from the heart to the pen. :D I realize I have a passion after all (I used to think my passion was shopping. It still is, but writing is so much cheaper. Goodness... you should see my credit card bills. I'm feeling the aftershock of the depression. ANYWAY...). I love to write what I think (I love it more than writing Java/JS code). I've finally found my passion :)

Change #4
A few months ago, being sad would mean infinite mood swings, a raised eyebrow, eyebags, and a sour face. Someone I knew used to say to me that happiness is a choice, and I can always control my emotions. I heard what he said, but I realize now that somehow, a part of me didn't believe him. Now, I've proven that happiness is really a matter of choice. You decide to be happy [not despite of or in spite of but] with your problems. Whatever circumstances you're in, you can choose to be happy. Even the heavens decided to be happy for me :D I love you, Papa. Thanks :D Anyway, I've noticed that when you have a happy heart (meaning you're truly happy and not just putting on a show), it will absolutely reflect in your disposition. Ang ganda ko ngayon! Hahahaha :D

These are just some of the changes I've noticed in myself these past few months. I can't list them all down since nobody wants to read a long blog (and this is long enough already). Hehe! I have a disclaimer, though. I write these not to show off what a great person I am (but I really am... haha!), but to be a living example that we can rise from whatever pit we are in. I want to be an inspiration for others that the best is always yet to come and God never fails you :) Heaven and earth will fade, but His words will remain. He can make something BEAUTIFUL out of your life (I'm ready to sing now... hahaha!) :D When you start living by faith, you don't receive a drizzle of blessings. You get a heavy downpour. :D

2 comments:

Didoy said...

Happy for you!
I've never known you write this good. Ang galing.

Didoy

meggypretty said...

awww.. thanks didoy! :D Happy for you too! :D i read that entry where you were doctor for a day, and kahit nosebleed ako, bilib pa din ako sayo. Galing! Hahaha!

see ya around!