Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Registry

I was preparing my list of gifts to give to friends (I will be on a shopping spree tomorrow. holiday! yey!) when I thought it would be so much easier if I knew what people wanted in the first place. So this year, I am assuming my friends and relatives are having a hard time thinking of what to get me as well.

Thus, I will be saving you, my friends, from the burden of thinking of what to get me for Christmas. Let's make each others' lives easier. HAHA!

1. Body Shop Brilliance Powder (bronze) Every time I hit the malls and see the store, I try the tester but never actually buy it. Too expensive for me. Haha! But of course, it's the season of giving and I'm very much willing to receive this anytime.

2. Body Shop Shimmer Waves Same as explanation above. :D

3. Face Shop Baked Eyeshadow I already have the silver/black shade and it works wonders. You can try it for yourself too. The Face Shop is actually a cheaper alternative to Body Shop. But I usually just pass by their store in High Street because once I go in, I know I can't leave empty-handed. Not good for my saving attempts. :D4. Magic Wallet Everybody seems to have gotten this as a present, but nobody ever got one for me. Haha! I have a fetish for huuuge wallets where you can store anything and everything, but of course it isn't practical when going on a night-out with the girls and all I'm willing to carry is that cute clutch where my phone won't even fit :P

5. GC to ANY bookstore I am a voracious reader. So I won't mind if you're giving me gift certificates to NB, Fully Booked, or A Different Bookstore. Tip: books are cheaper at NB (National Bookstore) but it doesn't usually carry the rare and hard-to-find books that are sold in Fully Booked and A Different Bookstore. But still, GCs from any bookstore will still be GREATLY appreciated. :D

6. BOOKS!!! If you're not the type who gives GCs, then a book will do :D I'm into vampires (HAHAHA!), self-help, Christian living, inspirational, and fiction that uplifts the soul. NO sci-fi, mystery, thriller, or horror please :P


7. Reading light I saw an inexpensive one at Fully Booked, Rockwell (hint hint). I usually read before I sleep and when the lights are out (I share a room with my sister, it's more fun [and cheaper] that way :P), I use my phone's flashlight for reading :P Kawawa naman. HAHA!

8. Notepad Not only am I a voracious reader, but I'm a writer as well. :D I have a small notepad that I bring with me EVERYWHERE (even on night-outs with the girls :P) so whenever a random thought pops up, I can write it down immediately. FYI: Most of the entries here are written first in my notepad. Although, not all of the entries in the notepad are uploaded here. Too personal :D

9. Travelling stuff I travel for work (rarely for leisure :P) and Make Room has all these thingys and gadgets that are useful for "travellers". I never bought one for myself, though, since I thought someone is bound to give those as Christmas/birthday gifts. HAHAHA :D

10. IPHONE A girl can dream :D
11. ANY Katinas album (except Lifestyle: A Worship Experience) Praise music has never sounded soooo great :D Rock and Soul :D If you're going to get me one, I suggest you burn yourself a copy, too :D

If you're not getting me any of these, that doesn't make you less of a friend. Just treat me to dinner or coffee, sagot ko ang kwento. If you're on a budget, then don't treat me, KKB na lang :D But, I'm treating you to bear hugs if you are getting me presents :D HAHAHA!

In one of the talks Bo Sanchez gave during the Kerygma Conference, he said to never be afraid to ask. Of course, in the context in which he gave his talk, he was referring to asking for blessings from the Lord... that you should never settle for what is NOT best for you and to always ask as if you're expecting to get. But, I think that applies to human relationships as well :D People will never know what you want nor what you expect from them if you do not verbalize it. Ask and you shall receive, right? :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice wishlist ba to? hehe. :)
just dropping by, :)