Monday, June 23, 2008

I love the Philippines!

OK.. so remember I was waiting for inspiration to hit me so I can start writing about something else other than stuff concerning fictional characters? Well now.. I'm inspired. Sort of.

Two close friends just left for Singapore last week. Another close friend will be leaving for US in August. A close friend from the office will be leaving for St. Paul on Sunday. Another one will be leaving for Germany this Saturday. And another one will be leaving on the last week of June for another company.

My boyfriend isn't coming back until Christmas. My college bestfriends aren't coming back from Singapore until November next year.

Get the point? Ugh. Too many people leaving at the same time. Too many people not coming back for a long time. My sanity now is precariously hanging on the edge of a cliff. No wonder I find solace in fictional characters.

Is the country becoming so hopeless that people seek greener pastures (read: higher pay) in other countries? My patriotic friend, who makes me feel guilty for working for an American firm, is in Singapore. Haha. Peace, friend :D No.. this really isn't about people leaving because of our lack of patriotism.. I'm just scared to follow them. Haha! Anyway, this blog isn't meant to criticize Filipinos working abroad. In fact, I have high regards for OFWs. Keep the remittances coming! :P I just really wanted to get "it" out of my system. "it" meaning getting left behind.

Thank God for YM and PLDT Budget Cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey meggy, i'm coming home soon. :) natawa naman ako dun sa patriotic friend mo, feeling ko si bee yun :))

don't worry, when all this insanity is over, everyone will go home. insanity = greediness. hahaha!

basta, moral of the story is, kung san ka happy, dun ka. sa pinas mo o san. ok :)

meggypretty said...

ay nako mabs. si allan tlga un. :D umuwe na kse kayong lahat!!!