Thursday, June 12, 2008

Twilight

waaaaaaah!!!! :D I just couldn't contain all the excitement inside me and I have to let the world know that there's a new movie coming out by end of this year (for US) and beginning of next year (local cinemas)..

I looooove it!!! It's adapted from the book with the same title by Stephenie Meyer, which came out a few years ago. I've been reading it for the past few days to keep my mind off serious stuff (see previous blogs. haha) and it's been a challenge to put the book down so I can get some sleep. To describe it in two words: absolutely addictive. This is lifted from the synopsis printed at the back of the book:

About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Teeny-bopper sounding, right? But it's a real pageturner and it's an understatement to say that I can't get enough of Edward. I've been googling images of the cast (mostly of Edward. haha) and bits of info about the movie, and the excitement just continues to build up. See more details at
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/ Official movie trailer is also uploaded already at Youtube =))

Personally, I think it would've been better if Chace Crawford (Nate from Gossip Girl) played Edward's character. His eyes are etched in my mind. Now my knees are turning jelly. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Now if only all men looked like that.. Sigh. haha! But then, Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory from HP) is not really a bad choice either. See for yourself.

Ok.. I have to admit I'm a bit too old to be still interested in these kind of things (and blogging about it! :P). But, as my 13-year-old cousin has pointed out (who by the way introduced the book to me. yes, I'm reading a book referred to me by my 13-year-old cousin), I'm not that old to not appreciate it. haha! At least she knows her euphimisms. The 11-year difference isn't counted as too old for her. I love you Kesh.

So, 7 more months to go before show time and I already made boyfriend promise we'll be watching the movie since I'm expecting him to be back at that time. Coolness!!!! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg Meg, was thinking about the same thing! Nate as Edward, I pictured him to be a pretty boy na parang Nate :)

meggypretty said...

i sometimes have to pause from reading because i think i'm hyperventilating like Bella everytime there's a kilig scene. haha!!!

Anonymous said...

great! meg you've given me a new book to read again. i'll buy that soon.

fyi to all people, meg & allan (2 of my bestest friends, hehe) are my great source of really good books to read.

meggypretty said...

nyahaha demoted si allan sa bestest friend. peace allan :D

Agnes said...

I read this book also refered by my twelve year old sister, so you are not the only one! And i enjoy it a looooot!