Sunday, June 15, 2008

And the lion fell in love with the lamb..

What a stupid lamb!

Is it possible to be so engrossed in a book that you feel the heroine's hyperventilation and pain? Yes. I am beyond crazy about this book.. I'm obsessed. Haha! Meyer's uncanny ability to describe Edward's character (and I should emphasize the way his physical appearance is described) is unbelievable. My mom even commented the same thing. Yes, I influenced my mom to read the book. See the age range this book encompasses? 13-year-old cousin to 50something-year-old mom.

Twilight has nearly everything - drama, romance, suspense, and hot, gorgeous fictional characters. That's what I love about books, really. They take you to a parallel world where hot fictional characters exist and you feel so involved in the story. And sometimes, the real world makes more sense than it did before. And they almost get you convinced that it's not so bad to be bitten by a vampire. Haha!

At first glance, Twilight seems like the typical young adult novel with the normal vampire-human love affair (as if that's really normal). The prey and the predator fall in love. But after reading much further, you realize that it captures the whole essence of love and relationship.. that one is willing to sacrifice for the other and vice versa. Of course, it also helps that Edward Cullen and his family are dazzling.. and hot.. and gorgeous.

As I've posted earlier, a movie adaptation is coming up by next year. I have high expectations for this film because the book set the bar high. I even heard from somewhere (Entertainment Tonight, I think..) that the fan base is even bigger now than Harry Potter. Whoa.

So.. next book on the list: New Moon. Twilight's sequel :D Until then.

No comments: