Friday, June 13, 2008

Reminiscing Summer

Well, there's not much reminiscing to do really since you can still fry an egg on top of your car outside. It still feels like summer even though we're already midway of June. Two words: global warming. Anyway, that's not what this blog is about. My one and only beach outing this summer was with my family -- off to Boracay.. the staple of every Filipino's summer vacation :P My Auntie (her secretary actually) got a reeeaaaally great package with Patio Pacific and SEAIR. We got a great deal for 3 days 2 nights and loved every minute of it.

The first time I went to Boracay with boyfriend and friends, I demanded that we take the Kalibo flight. I was super scared to ride the small planes which had direct flights to Caticlan. I wanted to come back to work.. alive =)) But since the package was that we fly with seair, I really had no choice. Surprisingly though, the experience with seair was great. The FA was accomodating, seats were good, flight was on time (their 35-minute ad is true), and most of all.. I'm still alive and blogging today. I'll definitely be flying with them again soon... to Palawan perhaps? :)

As for the accomodations.. I have nothing but praises for Patio Pacific!!! The staff were all friendly, rooms were reeeeaaalllly super nice, the bathrooms.. spectacular. Hehe! I'm not really entirely ok with the fact that the hotel was not a beachfront establishment, but hey, I need some exercise from time to time.

And of course, the beach was.. great!!! Nothing feels better than the powdery sand beneath your toes and hearing the sound of the waves. Sigh. Now I don't feel like going back to work next week. Haha! So there, we did the usual Boracay activities - parao sailing, snorkelling, island hopping, hair braids, lounging at Hey Jude, pictures by the sand castles, and the ultimate waste of 230 pesos (in other words, banana boat ride).
This summer vacay was the first time after many years that we went out as a family. So I'm glad we all got to spend bonding time together (LDR has its pros, you know :P) Plus, we have imports from Germany and it wouldn't have been as fun without them.

But now, I'm back to reality. I'm back to emails, studying specs, implementing stuff, etc. Exciting! :D As early as now, we're already planning for the next vacay.. Palawan!!! And I do hope boyfriend will be around this time. There's nothing like de-stressing by the beach and forgetting the real world back in the city. I've never been to Palawan before.. and I would very much like to go there soon. So.. if someone's willing to pay for my airfare and accommodations, you can contact me at... hahaha!

No comments: