Saturday, June 7, 2008

LDR (Long Distance Relationships)

I'm on a roll! First blog posted a few minutes ago and I'm off to writing a new one! I just had to write about this before I forget. I'd like to revisit this entry and remember that everything will be ok.

Yes, my boyfriend is on the other side of the world. And I recently had doubts on our relationship. Don't get me wrong, we're ok. Great actually. But... LDR is LDR. It sucks big time. It's like being single and taken at the same time. You miss the person and there's nothing you can do about it. There are moments when you think it's pointless to stay in the relationship, but then there are moments that you feel it's worth keeping. My friends who've been through an LDR all didn't make it. Not one of them. So I have no one to confide to unless I want to feel worse.

But I have very high hopes for boyfriend and I. For one, he's not staying there for good and will be back in a few years' time. Second, I trust the relationship. I have faith that we've built a strong one before he went away and him being away will make it stronger. Third, I don't believe in promises. Promises are meant to be broken. So, I just trust. Blind and complete trust. He doesn't have to say or promise anything.. I can neither confirm it nor make sure he's telling the truth anyway. So.. I just trust. And I trust him with all my heart. And that's it. Love and trust. Enough to make the stretches of not being together bearable. I have hopes for boyfriend and i. that's all I have anyway.. high hopes.


No comments: