Monday, June 23, 2008

Vampires and Werewolves. Agaaaiiiin.

I've been waiting for inspiration to strike.. and try to write about more pressing issues (like.. global warming!) other than vampires and werewolves.. but my muses have taken a leave. All but one - my muse for Twilight related stuff. Eew. Haha! I just have to admit... I'm addicted. Addicted to the plot, the story, the characters, everything! I realize that others are not really as interested in all this young adult fiction nonsense, so if you're one of them, you can close your browser now :) You've been warned :P

I didn't like New Moon as much as I loved Twilight. The story took a sad turn and there was less Edward-Bella action. Now that I think of it.. that's probably one of the main reasons I wasn't in love with New Moon - there weren't enough hyperventilating moments, less Edward exposure. Nevertheless, Bella's character still fascinates me. It's like, I can sympathize with her. It's creepy, but I can predict her choices before I even read the next lines or turn the page. It's like seeing my thoughts on print. (Weirdo alert!) Actually, it's more of like re-living past memories (past break-ups to be exact). It reminded me of the days when I was holding up the pretense that my world was normal, but the moment I hit the pillows, the sadness took over. Okay, too much info there. But you get the point. I'm a hopeless romantic to the end. And that's what the book was about.

Now Eclipse.. this is definitely better than New Moon. Because there was more Edward in the story. Haha! But seriously, I liked it better because the Edward-Bella relationship has progressed to the next level. It already has a sense of maturity, and it's no longer the high school love team from Twilight that my 13-yr old cousin would have probably related to better. It's rare that you find your one true love (i feel so corny for writing that down and publishing this blog) in high school. I doubt that even happens in real life. But, as a co-Twilight fan and friend has read from Meyer's site: Bella has only fallen in love and it was a very sudden, dramatic, sweep-you-off-your-feet, change-your-world, magical, passionate, all-consuming thing. When that happens to someone, or when you read about that happening to someone (fiction or non-fiction), you can't help but share the feeling right? :) I'm just justifying my emotions here, so spare me :P Plus, I identify with Bella's mantra very well: when torn between two options, choose the one you can't live without.. choose the one you are committing to. It's also in Meyer's site that I read this line that struck a raw nerve... I just agree with it in so many ways: The bottom line is that you have to choose who you are going to commit to—that's the foundation of true love, not a lack of other options.

Gah. So now I have a month and a half before the next and final installment of the series comes out - Breaking Dawn. That's a month and a half for me to focus on ther issues (yey!). A month and a half to ease myself back to reality and face it that I'm not a Cullen after all. :P A month and a half to rest from this Twilight mania that might be getting boring already for my friends :P



P.S.
I was just thinking about it.. A few months from now, when the Twilight mania has subsided, I will really laugh at myself for getting in too deep into this dark romance series. But you know me.. once I get started on an addiction, I follow through (i.e. Backstreet Boys). Ok, too much info again. Haha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny meg, meron na tayo dapat groupie! hahahaha. sa office namin may groupie na rin eh :)

meggypretty said...

hahaha! yes! we should start our own fansite na! :))