Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Something about going up and crashing down.

Certain events in my life have pushed me to do things I won't normally do. Like wall climbing. It's not really my thing. I'd rather be shopping you know. But... gotta give my boring life a spike. So lets go wall climbing :)

They said that the perfect place for beginners is the wall at Market! Market!. I've been there many times and just shook my head when crazy people were climbing up the walls. Now I'm one of them. And it feels great :D Kuya Reggae even gave the second climb for free since I made it the first time. Not bad for a beginner.

Mid-way up the wall, I was deciding whether to let go and just fall back down, or save my face and at least try to make it to the top. Then I saw kids (yep, kids!) climbing up the inclined (overhang? I'll be learning the terms soon :P) wall faster than Spider-man. So I thought if they can do it, so can I. Heck, I was just climbing a flat wall! Hahaha! So I made it. Whether I think I can or can't, I'm right anyway. I decided I can :) When I was already 12 meters above the ground, I thought that the hardest part would be going down. How was I going to do that?! So I was up there for a few minutes or so laughing alone and holding on to the two pieces of rock like they were the last rocks on earth. I was afraid to look down because that's what they always say, right? Never look down? Haha! Then I heard Kuya Reggae shouting "Kapit sa tali! Ako bahala sayo!" And I was like.. let go of the rocks? What's wrong with you? Then Nic, my climbing buddy, said I have to hold on to the rope so the belayer can secure me down, cos that's his job. Oh. That's his job. So when I let go of the rocks and held on to the rope, Kuya Reggae eased me down like he's been doing it all his life. (He probably has.. haha!) Crashing down has never been so easy :D

More pictures at my multiply site. Gotta be my friend first, stalkers not allowed :P

No comments: