Friday, October 10, 2008

It's not the end of the world.

Wallowing-in-self-pity phase is done. Let's move on to the count-your-blessings phase. :D This blog is already weighed down by the raw emotions it carries. So to balance stuff, let's look at the bright side of things.

A friend told me I can still act normal and bash people and feel bitter. But I am normal without the bashing and the bitterness (ok fine.. just a little bit bitter :P). I found out that when you get immensely hurt, you have no energy left to feel anything else. Instead, you unconsciously focus on healing and getting back on your feet. And the bashing and the most part of the bitterness will be taken care of by your loyal and faithful friends. :D

If there's one thing that I'm thankful for (inspite of all the events that happened), it's the overflowing number of friends I didn't realize I have. And if it were not for certain people, I would never have met them at all and they wouldn't have been here for me at the time I needed them most. Every night is coffee night and the weekend is booked with activities with different people. I've never been this in-demand in the last few years :P

So, so what right? I'm still a rock star and I've got my rock moves and I'm alright and I'm just fine. At day 4, I'm acknowledging that God is able to turn mourning into dancing in His own time. And even though I'm not feeling like the dancing has started yet, I have faith that God will never allow His beautiful children to get stuck in mourning for a long time. I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my pain, I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord. :)

So one day at a time. Start it with a prayer, a little bit of makeup, and a tall hot hazelnut latte. Before I even realize it, work is done and I'm having coffee again, decaf this time, with people who matter. Another day ends and I find myself looking forward to the next one :)

2 comments:

madmax said...

you're making good progress, Meg.
I'll get you some Indian Coffee when I get back. It's surely going to change your outlook in life. (if not your daily diet) =)

meggypretty said...

Sir Joey!!! hay. retail therapy helps. Indian coffee? hmmmm... cge? im scared. hahaha!