Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back to normal.

Around me, everything seems so normal. The boys banter around like they always do. Emails arrive from the usual people. All issues are flagged critical and I don't know which one I should prioritize. But inside... everything's changed.

They say it will get better in time. I know that. But right now... the pain just envelopes me.

I have my support system. And everything seems ok and better when they're around. But when I'm alone in my room or in my cube.. it's a totally different story.

At least I know each day is better than the previous one. .01% progress is better than none at all. I wonder how long I have to keep writing before I can look back on all the entries and just laugh it off..

A friend says my smile brightens up his day. (Now I've heard/read that before. Wonder when/where.. hehe) If only he knew that the happiest smile masks the saddest heart.

No comments: