Friday, January 30, 2009

Newbie

Everything is new to me, everything is a first-time experience. Most especially my line of work. It's quite a bit of change in perspective, and I've got a whole lot of stuff to learn before I can actually contribute anything substantial to the team. The whole process is extremely challenging, and sometimes I end up thinking if it's worth it. During the meeting this afternoon, however, my bigger boss said something that I will remember for the rest of my life: our job is done when the customers are happy. In other words, we are fulfilled when they are happy. Cliche. Every service-oriented business says that in their ads. But, if you really think it over, it makes life simpler. Simpler is better [product placement. haha!] That, I think, is the essence of our life here on earth. Service. To serve others in every way we can. To be of service to the people we don't even like. To know that you made life easier for someone else.

Easier said than done. I'm still learning the ropes. But, at least I know I'm in the right team now. :D

No comments: