Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16

When you get out of your comfort zone, you tend to be emotional and be over-appreciative of the things around you. Which is good. :D

1. Last night, while watching the new season of American Idol, tears fell everytime someone got the yellow ticket. I felt overwhelmed that someone was getting closer to their dream. It felt so... nice :P I cried while they jumped for joy :P Then I'd laugh at myself for crying over AI. Someone's going crazy. =))

2. I'm staying in this great aparment where I have a sunroof in my bedroom. When the sky is clear at night (or early morning), I can see the moon and the stars, and that usually means a sunny day in this dreary place for me. Today, the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were the stars. And I felt super grateful that God blessed me with great weather on this fantastic day. :D It's gonna be a lovely daaaay :D (I'm slowly picking up the expressions they use here, blimey!)

3. This morning, I got teary eyed again while watching the news about the plane that crash-landed on the Hudson river. I felt it was another manifestation of God's goodness that no one died from the accident. And I felt doubly grateful that I'm not just surviving now, but LIVING.

4. As early as 4pm (12MN manila time) here yesterday, I already received numerous text messages, facebook, multiply, and friendster comments, emails, and YM messages. :D This is the longest birthday celebration ever :D

5. My greatest worry for this trip is spending my birthday alone and there might not be anything special that would happen. But, as it turns out, my counterparts here went the extra mile to ask around and know what makes me smile :P So this morning, when they got to the office, they surprised me with tulips and cake and chocolates and lip gloss :P

6. The greatest worry of other people for me is that the loneliness will add to my "depression". First of all, I'm not depressed. Never was (I think.. haha). Second, I learned it's just a matter of perspective, of how you view the situation. It's easy to pity myself and think that I'm alone and I've got no one to talk to and this place is lonely and dull and gray (It is, believe me). But I'd be spending a considerable amount of time here, and the worst that I could do is waste that time and put myself down. So, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'm excited to spend my first weekend here exploring the city and learning how to cook and clean :D I'm stronger than most people think :P

7. Who gets to spend their birthday in UK? ME :D

When you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Count your blessings :)

No comments: