Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life so far

You know you're already quite settled in a new place when you find yourself having a routine. You get up in the morning at 6, do your morning prayers, turn on the speakers at full blast and play whatever's on the ipod playlist, fix the bed, prepare lunch, take a bath, eat breakfast while watching the news, go to work, do work stuff and eat lunch in between, go back home by 5, prepare dinner, watch TV for a while, chat with friends, do a little cleaning here and there, read Revolutionary Road (first book on my list. I have Boy meets Girl next.), fall asleep by 10, then wake up the next morning to repeat the whole cycle. Exciting isn't it? Not :P But I am enjoying and having fun :P This is the first time in my entire existence that I'm all by myself, without Manang or Mom or Kaka or Reyna (peace:P) to take care of things for me.

I needed this. I needed the break from the drama. I needed the pressure of work and the pressure of living alone to divert my attention and contemplate on something worthwhile and meaningful for a change. And so far, the diversion is effective.

I'm now looking forward to my first weekend here. So far, here's my To Do list:

  1. Learn how to make hard-boiled eggs
  2. Learn how to cook rice (w/o a rice cooker)
  3. Do the laundy
  4. Vaccuum the flat
  5. Do the ironing
  6. Research on how to get to the nearest Catholic church.


Sheltered little Meggy is learning real life stuff :P Brilliant! Fantastic! Amazing! :D HAHAHA!

No comments: