Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The TomTom and Ben Love Affair

As I write this entry, I'm watching the snow fall outside on my way back to Huddersfield. It's probably subzero already, and the cold is seeping through the train's windows. My scarf isn't helping that much and my ears are about to fall off because of frostbite (exaggerating here. But it's really cold. Take my word for it). I don't care. I'm extremely tired, but definitely overjoyed. Another dream come true. :D

Although I didn't get to see the queen (nor her boys... dang it. haha!), I passed by her palace. I fell in love with Ben, and I'm going back to see him again. Long distance doesn't really work you know (no pun intended). Tears fell as the first lines of the opening song of my first musical was sung. I still can't believe it... I get goosebumps as I type off the words and remember that I watched my first live musical at WEST END. West End, London baby!!!! WEST END!!! I navigated through Convent Garden (thus getting the nickname TomTom... I didn't realize til now that I was really good at maps. If only maps worked in Manila as well. Streets keep changing names you know :P), which I later learned that it wasn't called Convent... Covent pala. HAHA! I crossed the London Bridge, walked along River Thames, and cheered the new Chinese year with a (cute) stranger.

I got my fair share of unfortunate moments: I lost my favorite pink beret, (literally) had nosebleed while in the Tube, and walked around the city in subzero temperature. But when I recall all my London moments... meeting Ben, watching Lion King, touring Notting Hill while snow was falling, seeing Platform 9 3/4 (there really is one :P), attending mass at Westminster Cathedral... I know that my ill-fated experiences are outnumbered by overwhelmingly great ones. Not only did I tour the city of London, but I also rekindled a friendship with a sister in Christ. Tears are forming in my eyes right now as I list down all the blessings. I am again awed by God's greatness and goodness to me. There really is a God, and everywhere I look, I see Him. :)

More than I could hope or dream of,
You want to pour your favour on me...
So blessed I can't contain it.
So much I gotta give it away.
Your love has taught me to live now.
You are more than enough for me.

No comments: