Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post Valentines

The night of Feb 13 2009, I was in the pits. RX was having the Single's party and I could hear their live music playing on the radio online. That didn't help lift up my spirits. While they were partying the night away, I was at the hotel eating chicken noodle soup. Now don't get me wrong... I tried going out that night. It was a Friday, and naturally people will be out having drinks. Well, I was technically correct. People were having drinks. Couples and families were having wine inside restaurants. Where are the bars and the clubs and the beer??? So I ended up having chicken noodle soup. Cool.
The next day was entirely different from the night before, though. I braved through the cold and the long lines and went up the Eiffel Tower. How could you not be amazed and feel blessed when you're at the topmost deck of the most famous landmark in the world? I still get goosebumps everytime I remember that moment :D It's Valentine's and I'm on top of the world (literally and figuratively). I love life and life loves me back. Haha! I can't remember what I did for Valentine's last year... but most definitely, I'll remember what I did for Valentine's this year for as long as I live:D

I always thought that Valentine's is a hassle... with or without a boyfriend. Too many expectations, too much cliches, too many pretensions. Not much has changed in my perception. Haha! I just enjoyed the 14th this month that I just had to post something about it. :P

No comments: