Thursday, November 20, 2008

Forgive and (?) Forget

When you get deeply hurt, human nature will tell you to hurt back... to get revenge... to make him feel at least a pinch of what you're feeling. So when I chose to forgive, many were surprised. Before any violent reactions, here's what I think:

Forgiving is NEVER EQUAL to forgetting. Forgiving doesn't make things okay. Up to now, I still feel tugs of pain whenever I see or hear things, moments, songs that remind me of the past and the recent events. There's no more crying, but there's still pain. Healing takes time, so I'm just looking forward to the point when the pain's completely gone. Right now, I'm just letting God and nature take their course. But... even with the pain gone, I don't think it's possible to forget. The lying and the cheating will always be there, carved on stone.

To forgive, however, is a different story. If it were up to me, I'd rather let people wallow in guilt and sleepless nights especially when I know I've done nothing wrong. But I feel like a different person now, more mature in lots of ways. So I know that it's not through my abilities that I'm able to forgive, but through God's grace. By forgiving you (and her), I'm surrendering you to God and letting Him take care of things. It's no longer in my hands. I forgive you.

So... I pray for great and happy lives for all of us. Charge everything to experience. I'm blessed and I know you will be, too. Smile... because as you've said, life is beautiful :)

No comments: