Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When we leave our comfort zone, growth.

I was browsing through the comments section of one of my favorite bloggers and one of his friends left a comment:

When we leave our comfort zone, growth.

It struck a raw nerve. Because I am comfortable in a few aspects of my life right now. (I'm highlighting the word FEW. There are still areas in my life that I would want to be comfortable in, pero hindi ako dyosa..not too perfect you know:P) And haven't you noticed that I only write when I feel strongly about something or when I have a realization that I want to share with the world? I don't blog about stuff like my dog peed on the post of our stairs this morning. So anyway, before I stray too far from the topic, I cannot agree more with what he said. When we become comfortable, we fall into a routine and the next series of events become predictable. When people ask me how I am these days, I answer "same old same old". And I feel now that that's not entirely good.

It dawned on me that I might be experiencing quarter-life crisis.. wanting growth and looking for change to trigger growth... nurture my spirituality... live independently and boost my career. I think most of my friends are going thru the same thing. But then again, I know most adults who are way past their early 20s, but are still in a similar kind of predicament.

Sometimes, I feel that I'm living below my potential (right now). And that's probably the triggering factor why I'm feeling routinized. And now that i know that I can do way better than this, perform better when I have the proper mindset, I have already made the first step in instigating change.

Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown. --Author unknown

No comments: