Friday, September 5, 2008

Retail therapy

For the past months, I have been indulging on my favorite hobby. Shopping. After getting myself insurance and a retirement plan (ha!), I vowed to curb my spending habits and focus on the goal: save enough to pay for the premiums.

But retail therapy is just so... appetizing. Getting something shiny and new beats indulging in ice cream and chocolate. I reallocate my resources if I have to. It's one of the spikes in my monotonous life line. (But don't worry, it's not as if I'm wallowing in debt or anything.. I still keep my finances in check, thank you very much).

But when the glow of the shiny, sparkly item is gone.. so is the excitement that came when it was bought. And then I realize (again) that retail therapy can only cure so much. A little over a few weeks to be exact. And life is back to its normal rate. And then I wait until I have pooled enough resources so I could spike it up (again). And a new cycle begins (again).

Sometimes, I wonder what it feels like to be on the other side of the game: be the retailer instead of the buyer. Will I feel the same high when I'm able to make people believe that this bag is the next "it" bag of the season so they'll buy my stuff? (I'd probably hoard items for myself. Haha!) That thought crossed my mind so many times that I sometimes think I'm in the wrong industry. But I haven't had *the* passion to push through with the idea. Well, at least, not YET.

What is it with women and shopping?! Tsk :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

take a break, go somewhere. or save, save, and save. then visit rp in the US :)

that will definitely inspire you to limit your shopping and save on the plane ticket instead. i'm sure memories with rp would last a lifetime.

haha :)

meggypretty said...

hahaha!!! fiiiineee fiiine!!!