Monday, July 21, 2008

Female Rants

Since Sunday, I've been thinking about the pair of black flats in Aldo that were on sale. I should've gotten them when I had the chance. So, being me, I went back for it during lunch break today. A couple of supportive friends were with me. When I got to the store, Christian picked up a pair of shoes on sale for 1K. Too good to pass up for men's shoes. And being surrounded with female friends getting all excited when "shoes" and "sale" are put together in one sentence didn't really help him stand firm on his saving principles. So, he got them.

But my luck was running low today when the sales lady came back from the storage without a pair of the flats in my size. I shouldn't have encouraged Christian to get those shoes. Nobody can be happy if I'm not happy. Hehe. We're still friends. I just can't believe that I'm walking out of the store without a shopping bag for myself. Huhu.

So after work, I went off to Rockwell with another friend, praying that there will be some blessings waiting for me at Aldo. But there were none. The biggest size they had for any pair of flats were too small for me. So I went to Zara. But I neither fit size 8 nor 9. I decided to try to look for some insoles so I could force my feet to fit into size 9. But Rustan's was only selling branded insoles for 179 pesos. Not worth it. And all this time, my friend was tagging along with me. I have great friends, don't you think?

So moral of the story, check out the stores during the first week of their sale so they still have stock.

And when something is not meant for you, the Lord will show you by somehow blocking everything you are trying to do to get that something. Like clearing out all sizes for a pair of shoes that you really really want. Sigh.

No comments: