Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No to Dieting!

I have always been conscious of my weight. Since I was born with big bones (:D), I have to compensate by eating less (and skipping meals) so that I'll fit in the clothes I stored in the closet (because I just KNOW I'll lose weight soon. Very soon.).

Yet, I noticed that the more I deprived myself of food that I love, the more I craved. And the more that I ended up eating more portions than I should.

"Don't waste your energy striving for perishable food... Work for the food that sticks with you, food that nourishes your lasting life, food the Son of Man provides."
--John 6:27

This has led me to realize that depriving myself of God's Word has the same effect. I become more prone to doing things I shouldn't be doing. "Dieting" from Scripture, from prayer, from quiet time, from good soulfood, makes me crave for all the wrong things. And when I'm famished, my life enters the lull and dull phase... the dry spells... the times when I almost always go back to my favorite sins.

Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes forth from the mouth of God. Everyday, we have to fill our spirits with God's sustenance so we crave for the right things, so we overflow with the right love. We do not live and eat just to fit in the latest trends, but to conform to His will and ways. When it's God's Word, wala dapat diet-diet.

Eat. Pray to the One True God. Love. :)

1 comment:

lolgamegold said...

Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes forth from the mouth of God. Everyday, we have to fill our spirits with God's sustenance so we crave for the right things
www.mmokaufen.com
WOW Gold Kaufen