Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happiness is a warm...

cup of coffee :D

A cheap one. Brewed at home. Served with hazelnut creamer. And as the famous MasterCard commercial goes:

Coffee grounds: *free*
Creamer: 52+ Php per pack
*skip the sugar since it's already sweet*

Coffee mug: 350Php
Smile on your boyfriend's face because he's drinking the best coffee ever (better than Starbucks!!!): Priceless

It's illogical. I know. Bear with me :D

It's been ages since I last posted an entry, and I missed writing about the nonsense. What amazes me is that even after 3 months since my last post, I'm still talking about the same thing. Either I'm getting boring, or my life is just really outpouring with good vibes that it needs to spill over or else I'm going to blow up.

With all the craziness happening in the world (low billable and utilized hours, market down, GMA getting a boob job, Belo finally speaking up.. I watch too much TV, I know), it's easy to overlook the small things that make you smile genuinely. I just had another spending binge several months back, and before I knew it I was paying credit card bills with transactions I couldn't even remember I made (my sister verified that I made them anyway). I had a Starbucks latte *everyday*, and I bought makeup that will probably last me 2-3 years. Of course, inspite of all the shiny new toys I bought for myself, I knew I couldn't pay for happiness. Happiness will always be a state of mind... a conscious choice I have to make all the time. You play the hand you're dealt with... with a smile on your face and a happy heart. Learn to appreciate the small things that create big ripples in your life -- like the smiles, laughs, and heartfelt conversations shared over a cup of warm coffee.

Right now, let's just say I'm happy that I finally found someone who'd harvest, plow, and seed my farm in FarmVille for me when my Internet connection is having problems with Facebook. =))

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! *clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

No comments: